Crisis & Emergency Contacts
- Central Office & Urgent Care: 858-534-3755
- After-Hours Crisis Counseling (24 Hours): 858-534-3755
- Life-threatening Emergencies: call 911 or go to Emergency Room
Urgent Care Services
- Urgent Care Hours: 8:00am-4:00pm
- CAPS provides urgent care services for students who are in crisis and require same-day treatment. Students who walk-in and request urgent services will be asked to complete necessary online forms.
- While most students with urgent/same-day appointments will be seen shortly after completing check-in and forms, if there are many students in crisis, the urgent care counselor will prioritize which students will be seen based on the severity of concerns.
- Concerns related to safety to self and/or others will take priority.
- Urgent care services are located at our Central Office, Galbraith Hall 190 (next to the Revelle Plaza Fountain). For a list of our other, non-urgent care locations across campus, please go to our Locations page for detailed information.
- Central Office / Urgent Care:
- Galbraith Hall 190, (858) 534-3755, Building 141 on Campus Map
- Monday-Friday (office closed on official University holidays)
- Urgent Care Hours:
- 8:00am-4:00pm, Monday-Friday
Concerns About a Student
- If you are concerned about a student (friend, daughter/son, etc.), please contact our Central Office at 858-534-3755, and ask to speak with the Urgent Care counselor for consultation.
- If you wish to escort the student to CAPS for immediate assistance during Urgent Care Hours (8:00am-4:00pm), please come to our Central Office, located at Galbraith Hall 190, Building 141 on the Campus Map.
- For life-threatening emergencies, please call 911 or go to the nearest Emergency Room. The local emergency rooms near campus include:
- UCSD Thornton Hospital:
- 9300 Campus Point Drive, La Jolla, CA 92037, 858-657-7000
- UCSD Hillcrest Hospital:
- 200 W. Arbor Drive, San Diego, CA 92103, 619-543-6222
Privacy and Confidentiality of Student Information
- In keeping with ethical standards of the mental health profession and the law, all services provided by the staff of Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS) are kept confidential.
- If you are calling for consultation regarding a student, CAPS cannot provide information if the student is being seen (or has been seen) at CAPS without a signed Release of Information Form (ROI) from the student.
- The Release of Information Form can be downloaded from our Download Center.
- CAPS offers assistance to students, faculty, and staff in response to any critical incident or disaster that may impact the psychological well-being of the UCSD community.
- If your college, department, or residence needs immediate assistance in response to a critical incident, please contact our Central Office at 858-534-3755.
- If the emergency is outside business hours, please call 858-534-3755 and select Option #2 from the voice menu. You will be able to speak with a counselor.